National Steering Committee
National Steering Committee for EMRS shall comprise of:
- Hon’ble Minister of Tribal Affairs - Chairperson.
- Secretary, Ministry of Tribal Affairs - Member
- Joint Secretary (EMRS), Ministry of Tribal Affairs - Member
- Financial Adviser, Ministry of Tribal Affairs - Member
- Chairperson, Central Board of Secondary Education - Member
- Director, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) - Member
- Director General, Sports Authority of India - Member
- Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti - Member
- CEO, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) - Member
- One Principal Secretary/ Secretary, Tribal Welfare from Schedule V State - Member
- One Principal Secretary/Secretary, Tribal Welfare from Schedule VI States - Member
- Commissioner, National Education Society for Tribal Students – Member & Convener - Member & Convener
- Other Members can be co-opted with approval of Chairperson.
- Meeting of National Steering Committee for EMRS will be held twice in a financial year preferably once in each half year i.e one between April to September and other October to March.
- Special meetings may, however, be ordered to be convened by the Chairman, whenever necessary.
- Chairperson and five members of the National Steering Committee will constitute a quorum at every meeting of the Steering Committee.
Functions of National Steering Committee for EMRS:
- To monitor and guide the 3 Committees of Governing Body – Executive Committee, Finance Committee and Academic Committee.
- To monitor the progress of sanction and construction of EMRS.
- To monitor the progress made in making sanctioned EMRSs functional.
- To formulate broad policies and guidelines covering all aspects of establishing and managing EMRS; EMDBS and COE for Sports.
- To formulate guidelines for State/UT EMRS Societies in respect of management of EMRS, EMDBS and COE for Sports.