Academic Committee of NESTS
Academic Committee shall consist of following members:-
- Commissioner, NESTS – Chairperson
- Joint Secretary (EMRS), Ministry of Tribal Affairs – Member
- One Principal Secretary, State Government – Member
- Commissioner of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti – Member
- Representative of Director, NCERT – Member
- Representative of Chairperson, CBSE – Member
- Representative of Sport Authority of India – Member
- Representative from National Skill Development Corporation - Member
- Deputy Commissioner in-charge Academics, NESTS- Member
- One Principal of EMRSs – Member
- One EMRS Teacher, preferably National Awardee – Member
Other Members can be co-opted with approval of Chairperson
- Academic Committee shall meet at least once in six months.
- Special meetings may, however, be convened by the Chairman, whenever necessary.
- Chairperson and four members will constitute quorum.
Functions of Academic Committee:
- Prescribing standards regarding curricula, medium of instruction, admission of students and other programmes of EMRS & EMDBS and advice NESTS about academic and co- curricular programmes to be introduced in EMRSs.
- Examining best practices in academics, co-curricular activities, sports etc. and facilitating State/ UT EMRS Societies to incorporate them and review periodically these programmes and suggest corrective measures.
- Developing uniform guidelines and procedures for admissions in the EMRSs to be adopted by the State/ UT EMRS Societies.
- Formulating guidelines/ modalities for conduct of Sports & Cultural Meet for EMRS Students.
- Utilising the expertise of reputed national and international organizations to create model schools through value addition and experimentation in education in collaboration with other expert bodies like CBSE, NCERT, AICTE, DoSE&L, MoE etc.
- Planning activities/ workshops/ trainings for training of teachers & support staff, enhancing the quality of teaching and provide suggestions for realizing the objects of NESTS.
- Formulating policies and action plans for academic and extra-curricular improvements in EMRS/EMDBS/CoE.